The caring doctors at Eye Treatment Center offer a wide range of services to meet your individual needs.
Have you ever wondered what life would be like without your glasses or contact lenses? Imagine the freedom of playing sports, watching television, driving your car, and spending time with your family without any visual restrictions. LASIK has made this dream a reality for millions of people! Lasik is a safe and effective procedure to re-sculpt the cornea to fix problems such as near-sightedness (myopia), far-sightedness (hyperopia), and astigmatism. These “refractive errors” cause blurry vision. If you are seeking a LASIK surgeon in Long Beach, Orange County, or Los Angeles, a free consultation with our highly trained staff is the first step to see if you are a candidate.
Why should I consider LASIK?
- Do you ever struggle with your eyeglasses becoming a nuisance at the gym, in the pool, or on a morning jog?
- Do eyeglasses hide the true beauty of your face and make you look older?
- Have you ever lost a contact lens?
- Do your contact lenses cause red, burning, irritated eyes?
You can leave all of these problems in the past. Visit our new state of the art eye center in Long Beach where we can answer all of your questions during a free consultation.
Your doctor will construct a customized surgical plan beginning with your initial consultation. Guided by state-of-the art wavefront technology, we custom-sculpt your cornea with bladeless LASIK. This cutting edge technology has numerous advantages that include:
- A quick and painless procedure: Most patients will be able to see clearly by the very next day with minimal discomfort
- A safer procedure than the traditional use of mechanical blades
- No injections
- Rapid recovery: Most patients are able to return to work within 1-2 days.
- Long and dependable history of excellent vision results
Step by Step Guide to LASIK
- A very precise “femtosecond” laser is used to create a flap of tissue that reveals the underlying layers of your cornea.
- A very cool and precise “excimer” laser beam is used to painlessly sculpt the inner layers of your cornea according to your surgical plan.
- The flap is then replaced to its original position.
- The flap is tested for stability.
- Enjoy your new vision!
What is Custom LASIK?
Just like fingerprints, all of our eyes are different. Instead of a standardized one size fits all laser treatment, custom LASIK allows your surgeon to tailor your laser treatment to your own eye's unique properties. Your LASIK surgeon will use wavefront technology that uses light rays to create a highly individualized map of the optical properties of your eyes. This information is then used to create a customized surgical treatment plan for your laser vision correction procedure. Studies have shown that this individualized plan means that you have a greater chance of reaching 20/20 vision with a lower chance of the glare and halos that can occur with a conventional procedure. At the Eye Treatment Center, we are currently co-managing LASIK patients and would be happy to give you a free consultation to determine if you are a good candidate for this technology.
The Eye Treatment Center is a continuation of a practice that was started in Long Beach, California in 1921. All of our ophthalmologists are Board Certified and each one has also completed additional fellowship education in a subspecialty to provide you with the most expert care. A warm and welcoming staff is on hand to assist you and your doctors.
We are proud to provide our patients with comprehensive eye exams and specialize in Laser Eye Surgery, Cataracts, Glaucoma, Corneal disease, Neuro-Ophthalmology and Eye Plastic Surgery. We are the only private practice in Los Angeles and Orange Counties to have fellowship trained ophthalmologists in each of these subspecialty fields.
Our mission is to give you and your family compassionate, state of the art medical and surgical eye care.