Your actual LASIK procedure may be quicker and more comfortable than you expect!
- Upon your arrival, our staff will give you an oral medication that will help you feel more relaxed.
- You will then be brought into the surgical suite where you will lay down in a very comfortable reclining seat.
- Numbing eye drops will be instilled in your eyes.
- Then, you will be asked to focus your attention on a blinking fixation light in front of you. Do not be concerned about blinking during the procedure, as a small device will be used to comfortably keep your eyelid open.
- Your LASIK surgery will be performed on one eye at a time.
- Rather than feeling pain, you may feel a brief pressure sensation in your eye during the time of the flap creation.
- Your vision will fluctuate and seem blurry during certain steps of the procedure.
- The LASIK procedure will typically take less than 5 minutes to complete in each eye.
- You will then be provided protective eyewear before you leave.
- Immediately after the procedure your eyes may feel a little irritated. Most patients describe it as feeling like an eyelash is in the eyes. Your eyes may also be teary and your vision may feel slightly hazy. These symptoms typically resolve quickly over the course of a few days.
At the Eye Treatment Center we understand how scary it can be to undergo surgery on your precious eyes. Our caring surgeon and staff will do everything possible to make your surgical experience as smooth and stress free as possible!